Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

 

Happy Friday!

I realized something yesterday. Next to Christmas, Halloween is my favourite holiday. No, I don’t get an extra day off of work or anything but I love all the activities that evolves around Halloween. Since I was a kid I have enjoyed putting treat bags together, planning my costume and carving pumpkins. It’s never things that I feel like I have to do for the sake of Halloween, it’s activities that make me happy and I so anticipate doing!

Because of my busy days and nights Ryan and I were last minute carving our pumpkin. The day before Halloween we got to work on our pumpkin!

IMG_0013

Ryan loves the carving portion and I am always in charge of removing the pumpkin guts!

IMG_0015

During supper, before the carving began we had decided our pumpkin should have only one eye!

IMG_0016

Halloween morning I got ready at my usual time (4:30 AM…blah!) but I got to wear my special shirt! I had a found a iron on skeleton pattern and a 3$ Value Village maternity shirt…Voila! My Halloween “costume” for work!

IMG_0019

Fellow blogger, friend and co-worker was FAR scarier then I was! Jill’s mask looked painted on!

halloween

A couple of days before Halloween I have been battling a cold that was coming on. It has finally turned into a full fledge sickness yesterday unfortunately so I left work early to go home and rest before the night began!

I always wait in anticipation for the first trick-or-treater’s to stop by! I love seeing all the excited kids in their costumes waiting for you to hand out some candy! Seeing how excited they are brings back memories from my childhood.

We had a couple of Supermen and Brave!

IMG_0027

We also had a fairy, some witches and Spider Man!

IMG_0032

We even had a kitty and a puppy!

IMG_0033

We don’t get a lot of trick-or-treaters back country where we live but every single one we do get, we love to see! In total we had 23 kiddo’s stop in this year!

I mentioned to Ryan how this will be probably one of our quietest Halloweens we will have again in a long time. In coming years we will be rushing home to get our own munchkin’ ready to go door-to-door! There’s something about the thought of future holidays with our own child that makes me even more happy! I already love events like this and I can’t wait to see the excitement of the holidays through my own child’s eyes!

How was your Halloween?

xo

3 comments:

  1. I know you were feeling like crud yesterday, but it sure doesn't show in pictures - I saw someone put on FB that you were radiant, and I have to agree! You have the "glow", even when you're under the weather!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for one of those shirts everywhere but they were like $30. Totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shirt! Such a fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete