Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Baby W–26 Weeks

 

*Each bumpdate is from the week before! I am currently 27 weeks and 5 days pregnant!*

photo 1

26 weeks as of January 3th 2014!

This Week:

First bumpdate of 2014! COOL! What a big week this week! Began with starting and completing our baby registry and then packing for a week long trip to sunny Jamaica! Ya’ mon!

Baby This Week:

Apparently baby is the size of a head of lettuce now and my uterus is the size of a soccer ball!! It certainly feels like I have a soccer ball under my shirt sometimes! ha! Baby can not only hear noises but respond to them as well by increased pulse rate or activity! May be sucking its thumb and is beginning to occasionally opens its eyes!

Maternity Clothes:

Oh yes! I wasn’t sure what I was going to do about clothes while away for a week in the sunny south! It seemed like a waste of money to buy anything to use for only 7 days! Thankfully, my sister-in-law came to the rescue with a garbage full of summer maternity clothes! I also searched my own closet for things that worked with belly. Thankfully, all of my bathing suits still fit and I was able to get away with wearing non-maternity sundresses and cover-ups.

jamaica

jamaica 2

jamaica 3

Stretch Marks/Weight:

Ya…I was on vacation and there was no scale in our hotel room! Woops! Makes me kind of scared to see what next week brings though with all this yummy food!

Nothing new in the stretch mark department! The ones that started are still there (obviously) and thankfully nothing new. I have been lathering up the sun screen all week instead of stretch mark cream.

Movement:

I don’t know what it was but baby was going NUTS for the take off and landing portion of the flight. I also had fun freaking out some of the non-dads by showing them the baby kick from the outside. They thought it was pretty freaky! ha ha

Food Cravings/Aversions:

For the most part I haven’t had any big new problems with food this week. I was a little concerned that I would have trouble finding stuff to eat in Jamaica but it wasn’t the case. The only hard part was explaining to the bartenders that they can’t put rum in my drinks. They would look at me like I had 3 heads when I said “no rum”. 

Symptoms:

Getting slow and stiff easier. The flight was difficult because sitting in the same position for 4 hours straight and then getting up was awful. I am also finding that I cannot sleep on my back. I use to not have a problem laying on my back but now it makes me very short of breath.

Peeing in the worst in the mornings as soon as I get up! I could go 4-5 times within an hour! Friggin’ gravity!

What I Miss:

Alcohol. It’s not that I was craving alcohol but I sometimes felt a pang of jealously as I saw our group of friends try all these yummy fun drinks that I couldn’t get in virgin form.

Labour Signs:

None actually this week but it is something that crosses my mind more often now! It really doesn’t feel that far away now.

Gender:

Team Green! The Jamaican’s love pregnant ladies and we were getting guesses right and left! They loved coming up and rubbing my belly and asking questions to try to come up with the gender guess.

Belly Button In or Out:

In, shallow and almost non-existent.

Wedding Rings On or Off:

Still on! I was worried that the heat would make my hands swell but so far so good!

What I’m Looking Forward To This Week:

Just relaxing, reading and enjoying the sun! I am looking forward to some Jerk chicken, some nuptials between great friends and enjoying my (our) last trip before baby W arrives!

Daddy This Week:

Is fired.

It took Daddy and I a while to come to an agreement about what will happen on the trip. Day 1 kind of sucked as Daddy never came home (aka hotel room) at all that night. It scared mommy being alone in Jamaica with no way to get a hold of Daddy and not knowing where he was.

I think it took Daddy a while to realize that Mommy has to rest and can’t have an super active trip. It’s not fun to stand around watching him drink all day.

Wisdom:

When in doubt, go pee!

Best Moment Of The Week:

Starting and finishing the baby registry really helped me relax! I didn’t think I would get it done before our trip and was SO happy to get it done. I’ll share more later but I am glad that Ryan and I made some of the tough decisions about the items we want. It will make purchasing things for ourselves before baby much easier now as we have what we want picked out and won’t forget (read: baby brain).

Seeing friends Luc and Lisa tie the knot was a huge highlight of the week! Just being away in general before baby comes! I actually felt like the slower pace of the week helped me stop and connect more with baby. Sometimes with the hustle and bustle of everyday life it is hard to just stop and enjoy the moment. This trip I was able to rub my belly lots and talk more to baby! We are so lucky to be travelling with the group that we did. I always felt very safe and very taken care of! One girlfriend specifically is a registered nurse and EVERY DAY she would come up to me and ask how I was. It was comforting having her there in case I did have any questions.

xo

Linking up with Mama and Mou today for Baby talk!

 

6 comments:


  1. I think Baby W was trying to get us to the take off and landing part of flying ... I hope you got to enjoy some of the trip after that stunt Ry pulled .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!!! Glad you had a great trip!! Bad Daddy though! Haha. Love your wisdom, as I'm struggling big time over here with that one!! Did you love the registry process? It's a lot of hard decisions, but exciting nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking great!!! We went to Florida when I was about 23 weeks pregnant and it was awesome. Swimming made me feel like I was not a whale and I managed to find some very cheap maternity clothes to wear on our trip. My uniform was basically shorts and tshirts and sundresses for dinner time.

    Getting the registry done is such an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great and look like you guys had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're looking adorable and sounds like you had a FUN time on vacation! It sure DOES feel great to finish up the registry, huh? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um... I'm jealous that you can make it through the night without peeing. I'm up at least twice if not more.

    ReplyDelete