Happy Friday everyone! I don’t know about you but I STILL have Christmas treats that are lurking in my freezer! I have a major sweet tooth! One of Ryan's favourite treats is fudge. Usually Ryan isn’t a big fan of too many sweets but he cannot resist fudge!
Before dating him, I had never made fudge before. It took quite a few tries and lots of recipes before I found the one that he loved. This is now the one I use!
- 3 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 pound of butter
- 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 cups of icing sugar
1. First thing you have to do is line a pan with aluminum foil. This way when the fudge is cooled, all you have to do is lift it out of the pan and remove the foil! No fudge is spared!
2. Add butter, brown sugar, salt, and sweetened condensed milk to a pot.
3. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and keep at a boil for 5-7 minutes. MIX AS YOU COOK.
4. Remove from stove and add two cups of icing sugar and the maple syrup.
5. Stir continuously for 2 minutes straight and then pour into lined pan.
6. Allow fudge to set in the fridge. Once it is completely cooled remove from pan, remove foil and cut into bite size pieces.
7. Try to resist snacking on them! It’s impossible!