Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Baby W–24 Weeks

 

*Each bumpdate is from the week before. I am currently 25 weeks and 5 days pregnant.

elf 3

24 weeks as of December 20, 2013

This Week:

It’s finally Christmas week! Woo hoo!! I remember looking back early into my pregnancy and thinking, “Wow by the time Christmas is here, I’ll be 24 weeks pregnant! That seems SO far away”. And now, it’s here! Wow!

Baby This Week:

Baby is officially on the edge of viability and most hospitals would attempt every possible life-saving option if baby were born now (Momma says, “stay put kid!”). Baby is now the size of a cantaloupe. Baby is inhaling amniotic fluid into its lungs, practicing breathing for after birth.

 

Maternity Clothes:

Oh my yes! I feel as though baby has been on a growth spurt! The above outfit it one of my work outfits! Maternity everything except the outer jacket which I leave unzipped!

Stretch Marks/Weight:

Actually disappointed to find more stretch marks on my boobs this week! I had thought they were done growing! Still nothing on my belly.

Weight was up 1 pound this week which is SO strange especially since after all the Christmas treats! I just feel like I am growing and growing and yet my weight doesn’t do too much. The doctor didn’t say anything at my last appointment so I guess it doesn’t matter. So almost at my pre-pregnancy weight with –1!

Movement:

Oh yes! Baby is a mover and a shaker! Sometimes baby can be VERY low and it gets uncomfortable with the movements!

Ryan and I had a good laugh on boxing day. We were laying in bed chatting about Christmas and I had my kindle reader laying on my stomach. All the sudden my reader starts doing this crazy dance. We both stopped talking to watch it again and again. For about 10 minutes straight baby was kidding the kindle off of my belly! We could not stop laughing!

Food Cravings/Aversions:

Loving all the Christmas treats! And still hating the usual tomatoes and large meals!

Symptoms:

Itchy/dry skin but I think that is more from the winter weather!

Heart burn is a daily occurrence in my life now and tums has become my best friend! For the most part at night, all I would have to do is pop 1 tums and I would be good to go. But once this week I woke up in the middle of the night and it would not go away! Bummer!

Belly is growing everyday! Sometimes, depending where baby is, it can be uncomfortable. Also, sometimes I feel as though my belly is bigger depending on which way baby is laying!

I also have a very clear dark line going down my belly! Pretty common in pregnancy but I hadn’t noticed I had it till the doctor pointed it out at my last appointment. Doc told me to “get use to it” because it doesn’t go away post baby.  

What I Miss:

I miss the days where heartburn was non-existent. 

Labour Signs:

I can’t believe there is change here but I was told at the doctors last week that when my stomach gets occasionally very hard (not painful) that that is actually a Braxton Hick contraction! Basically a “practice” contraction! Whoa! They are rare but on Christmas morning Ryan and I watched my belly get crazy hard and round with a Braxton Hick contraction.

Gender:

Baby is just baby to me. I keep wondering if I will get a “mother’s instinct” as to what it is but I haven’t yet! No baby dreams, no gut feeling…nothing. Weird.

My sister-in-law Holly mentioned on boxing day that the night before she had a very vivid dream about us having a very blond little boy!

Belly Button In or Out:

In but getting more and more shallow!

Wedding Rings On or Off:

On and still loose! Woo hoo!

What I’m Looking Forward To This Week:

Oh you know…a little thing called CHRISTMAS!

Daddy This Week:

Oh baby, it has been a doozy of a winter already! There was only one weekend in 6 weeks where Daddy hasn’t had to work! He is VERY much looking forward to a break over the holidays!

Daddy is feeling you lots now! He knows if he places his hand on my belly after a meal you are guaranteed to kick. Sometimes I am not paying attention and he’ll say “there was a kick” and I am so use to it that I didn’t even realize it.

Daddy was good this week about my extra stretch marks I found this week. I personally don’t care as I said before, I have always been prone to stretch marks but I wasn’t sure what Daddy would say/think. Smart man he is because he just brushed it off like it didn’t even matter and that they weren’t even noticeable (they are bright red!). That is what I like to call “brownie points” and you’ll learn about that one day too.

Wisdom:

Stop crossing your leg under the other leg. It will cause you to sound like a dying cat every time you get back up!

Best Moment Of The Week:

CHRISTMAS! Our last Christmas as a family of 2! It’s amazing that you will be here with us to celebrate! I know that Christmas won’t mean anything to you next year but having you in our life is the only present I can hope for. I can’t wait to discover who you are!

xo

2 comments:

  1. Loving the updates :) The line- linea nigra likely will fade away. Mine went away completely after both kids. Avoid tanning it though, it will just add pigment. I am sure you won't be laying out this winter or anything but in case you are planning any fun in the sun type vacations. Happy New Year Lindsay and Ryan xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hopeful that my heartburn will decrease soon as the baby keeps dropping. Those Braxtojn Hicks are something else and should become a little more frequent as you get closer to the end. I have them a lot at 37 almost 38 weeks!

    ReplyDelete