Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Baby W–28 Weeks

 

*Each bumpdate is from the week before. I am currently 29 weeks and 5 days pregnant!*

7

28 weeks as of January 17, 2014

This Week:

Third and FINAL Trimester, BABY!

Baby This Week:

We are in the final stretch! Baby is the size of an eggplant! Its immune system is continuing to mature! Baby may be starting to dream now too. I wonder what it dreams about? Baby can blink it’s eyes and has eye lashes!

Maternity Clothes:

I never did invest in any maternity work out gear because for the most part I had no problem fitting into my non-mat clothes. This week I discovered that my workout/lounge shirts are too short! I’ll still wear them around the house but Ryan will continuously laugh at me with my belly sticking out. We’ll see who laughs last, as I am going to start stealing his shirts! Smile 

Stretch Marks/Weight:

I was shocked to see that I had lost 2 pounds this week. It may have something to do with getting back on eating healthy again and not drinking all the sugary drinks in Jamaica! So, since the beginning of the pregnancy I am +6.

Some nights I am amazed that newer stretch marks haven’t sprouted yet as (especially at night) my tummy feels SO tight. I started a prenatal yoga DVD this week that is suppose to help with stretching for labour and to help make more room for growing baby!

Movement:

Constant. Some days it is still hard to distinguish what body part is sticking out. For the most part the baby likes to push it’s bum right up by my right side rib. I can’t say I have gotten to the point where the movements are uncomfortable yet.

Food Cravings/Aversions:

Random craving for chocolate pudding this week. HAD to have some and made a special trip to get a box to make. It had to be extra cold too!

I find myself getting easily full again this week. It’s like it takes food longer to digest so I can’t eat as much at one sitting. I prefer snacking!

Symptoms:

Same old really. Growing belly, growing boobs (seriously, do they EVER stop?!), nice hair and stuffy nose.

The biggest “new” symptom would be my constant nesting brain. I am continuously making lists and finding more and more jobs to do before baby comes. Each item feels SO important to accomplish before baby gets here when rationally I know it’s not. I just have to keep reminding myself; baby will be fine and we will live if my sock drawer doesn’t get organized before hand…

What I Miss:

Yoga. Classes are postponed for now. But like I mentioned, I did start a prenatal yoga DVD this week. The only problem is getting to be fully relaxed during the meditation portion…especially when a certain puppy sneaks up and licks your forehead!

Labour Signs:

TMI WARNING!

I was having some bad gas pains that would come and go this week. They were SO painful and I would have to try to breath through them. Ryan was sure I was going into labour. Ha ha

Gender:

Team green! I am starting to get really anxious to know what the sex of the baby is! I obviously want to wait till the end but it is getting increasing hard as the days go by! 

My Dad, who has been team pink the whole time, told me this week he had a dream it was a boy and is now switching teams.

Belly Button In or Out:

VERY shallow. Practically non-existent.

Wedding Rings On or Off:

On and still loose! Woo hoo! Still trying to make it till the end with keeping them on!

What I’m Looking Forward To This Week:

I am SO looking forward to getting our crib this week and hoping to cross lots of items off of our to-do list!

Also, not pregnancy related AT ALL but, I am so looking forward to the first local Soup & Sandwich lunch of the winter! It’s one of the reasons why I absolutely love working in this small town!

Daddy This Week:

Daddy and I kind of got on each others nerves this week. Mommy has a long list of things to do before you arrive and Daddy thinks she has gone crazy. Daddy usually HATES talking about money. It makes him very stressed and always ends up in a screaming match. This week Mommy and Daddy sat down to work out the post baby budget and not one voice was raised! It ended up being very civil, simply a miracle!

Wisdom:

Putting exclamation points after each to-do list item does not make them happen any faster!

Best Moment Of The Week:

Getting and putting together the crib! Still feels like there is SO much that needs to be done to finish the nursery but it’s progress!

6

Soup and Sandwich! Yum in my tum!

First FULL week after being back from holidays/vacation was hard but also satisfying to be back to normal. Laundry and house chores are all caught up and we are back living the day-to-day. This week I figured out what my “last day of work” (more on that another time) would be and started the count down. Was shocked to see that it was less then 60 days! Holy moly, that does not seem very far away!

xo

4 comments:

  1. Love the crib! So cute! I can't wait to see the nursery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 6 pounds???? How!!! Lol! I'm like 26 pounds lol.
    Doesn't chocolate pudding taste amazing? I'm over it now, but around the same time as you it was seriously THE best!!!
    You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking good! Can't wait to see how your nursery comes together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had chocolate pudding last week, lol. I absolutely adore soup and sandwich. I chatted so much I never really got lunch, 2 rolled sandwiches, half a bowl of soup, and NO pie! In February I am going to sit and EAT, not chat with you all.

    ReplyDelete