Friday, December 30, 2011

A Year In Review – Part 1

2012 is literally just around the corner. It’s a little spooky to think about. I still remember ringing in the year 2000 with my friend Morgan. We had a great time celebrating as young pre-teen girls but there was still a little fear of Y2K world destruction. It’s hard to fathom that that was 12 years ago.

Regardless, I am SO looking forward to 2012. There are a lot of big events in mine and Ryan’s lives that are happening in 2012. I’m not wishing the days away but anticipating the ones to come!

I like to take a look back every year as a reminder as to what great events happened throughout the year. I did this at the end of 2009 found here and for 2010 found here. At times throughout the year when Ryan and I are trying to figure out when a certain event happened I just have to look at those posts.

January

A large group of Pontiacer’s and friends loaded a plane and headed south to Cuba. We were all there to watch and celebrate with Kerry Lynn and Jeff as they said their wedding vow’s on the beach.

Cuba 527_edited-1

We all had a blast in Cuba enjoying the company, the beach, the food/drinks and all the relaxation! It was a great trip!

img_1660_sized

February

Wow! What busy, fun month! Ryan and I were so excited to have the basement renovation behind us so that we could host our very first Superbowl party!

Superbowl 056

We also finally finished another renovation in the living room/dining room!

Livingroom Reno 015

We celebrated Valentines day a very special way by heading up the hospital to visit friends, Lisa and Luc, and their new baby girl Sydney.

Valentines Day 011

March

March is always a busy month for this Irish family! Besides the obvious St.Patrick’s day there are 4 family birthdays!

We celebrated the 2nd birthday of my niece Faith on March 12th.

IMG_2133

On March 15th, 2011 Ryan got down on one knee and proposed!

Engagment 049

We also celebrated my brother’s and Ryan’s birthdays!

Engagment 014

We picked the date of May 12th, 2012 for the wedding!

My brother got the best birthday present when Clark William Alexander Hamilton was born on March 23rd, 2011.

Clark William Alexander Hamilton 094

April

With Spring in the air Ryan and I celebrated his birthday by travelling to New York City for the weekend! We had the most amazing, adventurous trip we have ever had.

NYC 056

At the end of April I was up extremely early to watch the Royal Wedding! An event that I had been anticipating!

kate_middleton_wedding_dress2

May

At the beginning of May, nearly one year till the wedding day, I wrote my very first Wedding Wednesday post.

The long weekend of May, Ryan and I drove to Melbourne, Quebec to attend and celebrate the marriage of friends Nick and Jenn.

Jenn and Nick 034

The month ended with golfing in the annual Canada Day golf Tournament with some of my best girl friends!

IMG_3004

June

The month of June is always a busy one here around the farm. It’s a pretty sleepless month but I still managed to get lots done!

In the middle of June my mom, my future mother in law, my bridesmaids and maid of honor, all headed to the city where I finally said, “Yes” to the dress.

W_D Shopping 016

Ryan and I hosted the 3rd annual pool party! It was another GREAT year and the dynamic of the group has changed. Most couples now have 1 or 2 children and we love sitting back watching them all play in the pool.

Pool Party 2011 010

At the end of June, Jilly, Ryan and I headed to Ottawa for our very first Chicken and Rib festival. We then went to see a movie thinking how fun and uneventful evening it was. Only to realize after we got out of the movie that we were stranded because of the great Pontiac flood of 2011.

flood 2

Stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow….

xo

1 comment:

  1. I remember the Y2K scare too. What was hilarious was the guy I was dating, his gpa was joking about killing all the power to the house right at midnight. So right at the countdown to midnight he went to the basement to put wood on the fire and right at midnight the volume to the tv disappeared and he got blamed for it... LOL.

    And wow you've had a busy year. But unfortunately, especially with your wedding coming up this next year, it'll fly by even faster! Hold on!

    ReplyDelete